[R] dumpClass, hasSlot in R?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Thu Jul 22 08:41:27 CEST 2004

Marc Schwartz <MSchwartz <at> MedAnalytics.com> writes:

:
: On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 15:53, hadley wickham wrote:
: > There are a few notes about difference between the R implementation
: > and the book at http://developer.r-project.org/methodsPackage.html
: >
: > I found the hardest thing to get to grips in R was method calling -
: > using multiple dispatch (totally different to what I'm used to from
: > Java, Python etc.).  I found this tutorial
: > (http://www.gwydiondylan.org/gdref/tutorial.html, the sections on
: > generic functions and multiple-dispatch) very useful.  However, it is
: > for another programming language, and although the method and class
: > creation process feels very similar to R, the syntax is quite
: > different.  There is definitely scope for a similarly structured
: > introduction to S4 classes in R.
: >
: > Hadley
:
: I have not done any S4 coding yet, but two references that may be of
: interest are:
:
: "Converting Packages to S4"
: by Doug Bates