[R] exporting high quality graphics from R in Mac OSX

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Jul 22 15:28:30 CEST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:03:23 +0100, Rob Knell <R.Knell at qmul.ac.uk>
wrote :

>Nope, sorry, I made a mistake - it's Office vX, native for OSX. I've
>had a look around and found quite a few complaints on the 'net about
>Word X claiming to be OSX native but rendering the image as a scruffy
>bitmap, so I guess this is a Word problem. I don't want to invest in
>the newest version of MS Office, which might do it properly... maybe
>I'll hang on for the Aqua version of Open Office, so I can expunge MS
>from my hard drive.

What file formats does Word support?  Do you know what format is used
in a cut and paste operation?

On Windows, cut and paste is usually done via Windows metafiles, and
Windows versions of R can produce those.  I don't think OSX versions
can (but my information might be out of date, I'm not an OSX user).

Duncan Murdoch