[R] Precision in R--SOLVED!

adelmaas@musc.edu adelmaas at musc.edu
Thu Jul 22 21:53:57 CEST 2004

Greetings.

I'd like to thank everyone who sent me suggestions of what might have
been wrong, especially Matt Austin.  He did not actually give me the
solution, but rather he inadvertently set me on the path to find it by
effectively getting me to look closer at the code I was using.  And
thus I found myself examining my R and SAS code line by line to see how
they differed, and I found that I was not defining "proportion moved"
in quite the same way in the SAS and R versions.  Once I made R define
"proportion moved" the same way as I did in SAS, both versions returned
identical results.  Thanks again, everybody.

Aaron
Aaron Solomon (ben Saul Joseph) Adelman
E-mail:  adelmaas at musc.edu
Web site:  http://people.musc.edu/~adelmaas/
AOL Instant Messenger & Yahoo! Messenger:  Hiergargo
AIM chat-room (preferred):  Adelmania