[R] ts to irts

Jan Verbesselt Jan.Verbesselt at agr.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Jul 23 15:28:11 CEST 2004

Hi R-list,

I'm working with irregular time series (time series of climate data,
daily data 365/6 days a year) and would like to create regular time
series from them ( irts
	e.g. Rain            <-
irts(as.POSIXct(Climate[,1]),Climate[,5])
		to ts
    e.g. test <- ts(x, start=c(1997,1), frequency=365) )

such that I can find where the gaps (lacking temperature data, ...) are
and try out methods to fill the gaps.

The main objective is to detect gaps, how long they are and fill them if
possible with average, median values.

All ideas & methods are welcome!

Regards,
Jan

Jan Verbesselt
Research Associate
Lab of Geomatics and Forest Engineering K.U. Leuven
Vital Decosterstraat 102. B-3000 Leuven Belgium
Tel:+32-16-329750   Fax: +32-16-329760
http://gloveg.kuleuven.ac.be/