[R] fisher.test FEXACT error 7

Ken Edwards ke1 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 12:11:29 CEST 2004

Thanks Sundar,

That changes the behaviour of R, but only in so far as it waits longer
before giving the same error:

fisher.test(testDataTwoColumns, workspace = 2e8)
Error in fisher.test(testDataTwoColumns, workspace = 2e+08) :
        FEXACT error 7.
LDSTP is too small for this problem.
Try increasing the size of the workspace.

...There also seems to be an upper limit of how big the workspace can be...

 > fisher.test(testDataTwoColumns, workspace = 2e9)
Error in fisher.test(testDataTwoColumns, workspace = 2e+09) :
        negative length vectors are not allowed
 > fisher.test(testDataTwoColumns, workspace = 2e10)
Error in fisher.test(testDataTwoColumns, workspace = 2e+10) :
        NAs in foreign function call (arg 10)
In addition: Warning message:
NAs introduced by coercion

A further question - do you (or anyone else) think that this is a
problem with the physical capabilities of the box that I'm running on,
or is it likely to be an upper limit with the amount of data that the
algorithm can handle?

Many thanks,

Ken