[R] Unable to open html help pages

Martin McCabe mcm41 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 27 09:50:09 CEST 2004

I recently upgraded R to 1.9.1 for Mac from 1.8.1.  I am not able to
open the help pages online but get the message
"If /usr/bin/open is already running, it is *not* restarted, and you
must switch to its
     window.
Otherwise, be patient ..."
However, nothing happens.  There are not any other windows open to
switch to and I don't know what /usr/bin/open is!  I'm using an eMac.
I know the 1.9.1 download is only supposed to be for a PowerMac or
PowerBook but 1.8.1 seemed to work fine on my eMac (before I downloaded
1.9.1 and deleted it!).  Is there anything I can do to open html.help?

Dr. Martin G. McCabe

Cancer Research UK Clinical Research Training Fellow
Cambridge University Department of Pathology
Division of Molecular Histopathology
Box 231
Level 3, Lab Block
Addenbrooke's Hospital