[R] DESCRIPTION.in

Kevin Bartz kbartz at loyaltymatrix.com
Wed Jul 28 01:08:18 CEST 2004

Hello R world! I'm building a bundle of four packages, but I don't always
want to build the whole bundle. Usually I just want to tweak one function in
one of the packages and rebuild just that package. As such, I have
DESCRIPTION and DESCRIPTION.in files sitting in all the package folders.
Unfortunately, there's a pesky line in R CMD build that hacks away
DESCRIPTION whenever it sees DESCRIPTION.in. This is okay for building the
whole bundle, but it makes it a major pain to build any of the packages
individually. I am root, so for now I have commented the offending line in
/usr/local/lib/R/bin/build. Is this the proper solution or am I overlooking
something? Thanks for any help you can provide,

Kevin