[R] Parallel Functions on AIX

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Thu Jul 29 06:02:26 CEST 2004

> From: Brian Ripley
>
> The first thing to ascertain is that R will actually build on such a
> machine -- there have been a lot of reports of failure on AIX, and no
> recent reports of success.

According to our AIX sysadmin, R-1.9.1 actually compiles a lot more cleanly
than R-1.8.1 and prior.  I take it the recent reports of difficulties has to
do with (possibly outdated) GCC.  We have no problem with xlc/xlf.

The trouble we're having is getting R to link against readline in 64-bit.
Haven't figure out how to do that yet.  Life w/o readline is rather
trying...

Andy