[R] expression + paste + arguments + ...

ivo_welch-rstat8783@mailblocks.com ivo_welch-rstat8783 at mailblocks.com
Fri Jul 30 01:37:35 CEST 2004

dear R wizards:  I would like to write a function that roughly places
the equivalent of the following latex text into the current plot:

   \newcommand{ \placesigma }[4]{ \put(\#1,\#2){ \sigma_{A , #3} = #4 }

I cannot figure out how to do this.  I know I have to use a function
that uses expressions in a text() invoke.  But passing arguments and
nesting strings and expressions has so far not worked for me.  I hope
this is an obvious question---if not, please just tell me and I can
give up.  help appreciated.

sincerely,

/iaw