[R] Any orthnormal matrix can keep the curve's shape and size unchnaged?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Jul 30 03:39:27 CEST 2004

  How do you define "size and shape"? The answer is probably yes.
However, if you have an essentially 2-d circle embedded in a 3-d space,
and "size and shape" are defined in terms of a 2-d projection, this
circle could be rotated into an ellipse in any orientation and even to a
line.

Also, if f is an N x d dimensional matrix approximating your object and
A is a d x d orthogonal matrix, then I think your transformation in R
would be written "f %*% A".

hope this helps. spencer graves