[R] GLMM(..., family=binomial(link="cloglog"))?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Jun 2 01:58:56 CEST 2004

Hi, Deepayan:

      Thanks for your reply.  How can I get the new release in a Windows
2000 format, downloaded and properly installed?

      I tried "update.packages", but the new version has not yet
migrated within reach of the default "update.packages" function call.  I
tried downloading "lme4 0.6-0-2.tar.gz" from
"http://www.stat.wisc.edu/%7Ebates/", unzipping it and replacing the old
"\\R\rw1090pat\library\lme4" with the new.  Unfortunately, when I then
tried to start R, I got a fatal error message:

      Error in loadNamespace(i[[1]], c(lib.loc, libPaths()),
keep.source):  There is no package called 'Matrix'.

      Fortunately, I was able to restore R to apparently functioning
order by merely restoring the old version.

      Is there something easy I can do to get "lme4 0.6-0-2.tar.gz" to
install properly for me?  Or do I need to wait until it migrates to my
update.packages default ("http://cran.r-project.org") or some other
designated CRAN mirror?

      Thanks for your excellent work in bringing this excellent software
to its present state.

      Best Wishes,
      spencer graves