[R] S4 classes?

Dimitris Rizopoulos dimitris.rizopoulos at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Jun 2 10:52:41 CEST 2004

Dear Spencer,

I do not encounter any problem running your code in my machine. Maybe
is something wrong with your R installation!

setClass('track', representation(x="numeric", y="numeric"))
tr1 <- new("track", x=1:3, y=4:6)
plot.track <- function(x, y, ...){
  plot(x at x, x at y, xlab="x", ylab="y")
}

setMethod("plot", signature(x="track", y="missing"), plot.track)
## or
setMethod("plot", signature(x="track", y="missing"), function(x, y,
...) plot(x at x, x at x, ...))

## both work
plot(tr1)

Best,