[R] Distributed computing with R

Saroj Mohapatra saroj at wayne.edu
Thu Jun 3 01:11:41 CEST 2004

Dear all,

We have started using R for data analysis since a few months and find it
useful. We are planning to acquire a high-end dedicated system for
microarray data analysis and thinking of a distributed environment. I
would appreciate if some one could send some pointers regarding how to
choose a proper hardware configuration, software (R or other software,
esp. MATLAB), issues on setting up the cluster, etc. Has anyone here
some experience of R on a cluster? Does it provide significant benefits
as regards processing time? Is setting up the cluster more difficult
than using R on it?

Thanks.

Saroj K Mohapatra, MD
Research Associate
Tainsky Lab
Karmanos Cancer Institute
Wayne State University School of Medicine
110 E. Warren, Room 311
Detroit MI 48201
313-833-0715 x2424
saroj at wayne.edu