[R] ecdf plots, lines, and y values

Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy monica.palaseanu-lovejoy at stud.man.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 19:39:41 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have a question for the group, perhaps someone can help me
figure this out.  I've already looked in the help files and they were
no help to me.

I have a vector of values and I am plotting an ecdf graph.

1. How can i draw a continuous line through the ecdf points? (lines
and type for the plot with an ecdf object does not work)

2. Supposing I have this line drawn. I can add a vertical line of a
known x value which intersects the graph. How can I determine the
y value of the graph point that is intersected by the abline?

Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    Monica