[R] More than one series in a coplot

Matthew Walker m.g.walker at massey.ac.nz
Sat Jun 5 06:04:27 CEST 2004

Hi!

I would like to know, how do you plot more than one data series when
using "coplot"?

I think I know the answer if "plot" is being used:
x <- 1:10
y <- 1:10
y2 <- 1:10* 1.1
plot ( y ~ x, type="n" )
points( y ~ x, type = "b", col = "red" )  # plot the points and lines
for the first series
points( y2 ~ x, type = "b", col = "blue" )  # plot the points and lines
for the second series

But how should it be done with "coplot"?

If I make my question more concrete:
df <- data.frame( x=x, y=y, y2=y2, v=c("a","b"))  # using the vectors above
coplot( df$y~df$x | df$v, type="b", col="red")  # gives me a coplot of y ~ x

How do I now put points and lines for y2 on the same graphs?

Thank you for your thoughts,

Matthew