[R] 'invalid HOMEDRIVE'

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 5 11:16:17 CEST 2004

Do look in the archives when this has come up tens of times.  The usual
cause is a bug in a Windows XP critical update: see

http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/HOMEPATH.html

Adding HOME=C:/ (or some other sensible value) to the end of the target in
the shortcut used to launch R will circumvent this.  (There are more
details in the rw-FAQ on how to set environment variables.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk