[R] Re: How to Describe R to Finance People

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Sat Jun 5 22:41:41 CEST 2004

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 10:11:18 -0400, ivo welch <ivo.welch at yale.edu>
wrote:

>one more big problem:  the name "R".  I cannot easily specify to do a
>comprehensive google search on subject matter "insert and R".  A single
>letter like R just does not connect well with google.

I just did a search for the string "insert and R", and it was indeed
useless.  However, "R and insert" came up with 4 relevant hits in the
first 10 and the usual warning about using "and"; when I leave it out
and type "R insert" I got up to 6 relevant hits out of 10.

So I think the name R is not so bad, but Google is a little more
subtle in its searches than I would have guessed.

Duncan Murdoch