[R] Xtable giving an interesting problem

Shawn Way sway at tanox.com
Mon Jun 7 14:49:09 CEST 2004

I'm using the current version of xtable for 1.9.0 and I have an
interesting error:

Error in match.names(clabs, names(xi)) : names don't match previous
names:
	 F value, Pr(>F)
In addition: Warning message:
longer object length
	is not a multiple of shorter object length in: clabs == nmi

This is produced in the following manner:

>data.trans <- data.frame(ref=rep(c(3.995,20.003),2),
                              actual=c(.1,100.3,.1,100.3),
                              level=gl(2,1))

>parameters <- data.frame(trans.range=c(0,100), trans.output=c(4,20),
                          ref.error=c(.0074))
>a <- lm(trans.range~trans.output,data=parameters)
>pred <- data.frame(trans.output=data.trans$actual)
>data.trans$cor <- predict(a,pred)
>fit.trans <- lm(cor~ref,data.trans)
>fit.trans.aov <- aov(cor~ref+Error(level),data.trans)
>fit.trans

Call:
lm(formula = cor ~ ref, data = data.trans)

Coefficients:
(Intercept)          ref
    -180.66        39.12

> fit.trans.aov

Call:
aov(formula = cor ~ ref + Error(level), data = data.trans)

Grand Mean: 288.75

Stratum 1: level

Terms:
                     ref
Sum of Squares  392189.1
Deg. of Freedom        1

Estimated effects are balanced

Stratum 2: Within

Terms:
                   Residuals
Sum of Squares  1.074245e-27
Deg. of Freedom            2

Residual standard error: 2.317591e-14
> summary(fit.trans.aov)

Error: level
    Df Sum Sq Mean Sq
ref  1 392189  392189

Error: Within
          Df     Sum Sq    Mean Sq F value Pr(>F)
Residuals  2 1.0742e-27 5.3712e-28
> library(xtable)
> xtable(fit.trans.aov)
Error in match.names(clabs, names(xi)) : names don't match previous
names:
	 F value, Pr(>F)
In addition: Warning message:
longer object length
	is not a multiple of shorter object length in: clabs == nmi

Any ideas?

"Everything should made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
-Albert Einstein

Shawn Way, PE
Tanox, Inc.
10301 Stella Link
Houston, TX 77025
Engineering Manager
Sway[at]tanox.com

Note: Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
e-mail without consent of Tanox, Inc. is not authorized.  Further, this
communication may contain confidential information intended only for the
person to whom it is addressed, and any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of such confidential information without the express
consent of Tanox or in violation of any agreements to which the
recipient is subject is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original and
all copies.  Any views or opinions expressed may be solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Tanox,
Inc.