[R] MCLUST Covariance Parameterization.

Christian Hennig fm3a004 at math.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jun 7 16:14:49 CEST 2004

Hi Ken,

it seems that you want equal covariance matrices, which means equal, but
free volume, orientation and shape. That's "EEE", and it *is*
implemented.

I still do not really understand your "translation" problem. All
information is in the formula which appeared in your first posting:

Sigma_k = lambda_k*D_k*A_k*D_k^'

That is, if you have lambda (volume>0), D (orientation, orthogonal) and A
(shape, diagonal>0), you can compute Sigma and if you have Sigma, you can
compute lambda, A, and D by spectral decomposition.

Hope this helps,
Christian