[R] (no subject)

PJARES@clinic.ub.es PJARES at clinic.ub.es
Tue Jun 8 10:25:38 CEST 2004

Hi!!
I am a new user of R (just trying to analysis microarrays with some packages from the bioconductor project).
I would like to import a text-delimeted file containing 20 columns and 22200 rows.

I have tried
read.table;
scan(file="")
 <matrix(scan("file", n=20*200,20,200, byrow=TRUE));
Doesn't matter what I try I got the next message:
error in file (file "r"): unable to open connection
in addition warning message
cannot open file "MAS5orig" (this is the name of the file I am trying to import in R)

Any advice? which comman I should you use to import a text file (Excell, text tab-delimeted file) into R.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best wishes,

Pedro

Pedro Jares, Ph.D.