[R] off topic publication question

Phineas Campbell pcampbell at econ.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 21:56:22 CEST 2004

I had assumed that the use of we in articles was either due to formality,
like the distinction between tu and vous in French.  The English monarch
never refer to themselves in the singular.  Or we as in both the author and
the reader.  However a sample of size 4 of articles to hand suggests that
the use of we for single author papers is not universal.

HTH
Phineas Campbell
http://www.phineas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/