[R] fighting with ps.options and xlim/ylim

ivo welch ivo.welch at yale.edu
Wed Jun 9 03:18:34 CEST 2004

thank you, marc.  I will play around with these parameters tomorrow at
my real computer.  yes, the idea is to just create an .eps and .pdf
file, which is then \includegraphics[0.25\textwidth]{} in pdflatex.  I
need to tweak with the parameter ps.options(pointsize) because
otherwise, I end up with 5pt fonts---which is not readable.  And once I
do this, I need different R parameter defaults on the axes.  With the
advice I have gotten, I think I am all set now.  However, I am a little
bit surprised that noone has written a package around this task---there
must be many people that have to produce quarter-page (or half-page)
graphics, and probably everyone is tweaking plot parameters a bit
differently.  It would be nice to build in some of this intelligence
into plot parameters, themselves.   of course, R is a free volunteer
effort, and I am grateful for all the stuff that has been done already.

/iaw