[R] more obvious contribution mechanism?

ivo welch ivo.welch at yale.edu
Wed Jun 9 03:22:32 CEST 2004

can we put a "how to donate money to R" on the R webpage?  perhaps with
a paypal button?

even better, because I would like to donate some funds from my research
budget, could the R-project possibly sell some trinkets for a high price
for support?  it is difficult to explain to a non-profit org (like yale)
why i want to donate its money to another non-profit org.  they would be
happy to pay $1,000 for S, of course, but not to donate $100 for R.
buying a blank CD for $100 is much easier.

regards,

/iaw