[R] Building package on Windows: No rule to make target '-llapack'

Zhu Wang zhuw at mail.smu.edu
Wed Jun 9 15:49:17 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I have a problem to build a package on Windows XP while there is no problem on Linux. The Makefile is something like:
###########
LIBNAME=cts

PKG_LIBS = $(LAPACK_LIBS) $(BLAS_LIBS) $(FLIBS)

OBJS=file1.o ... file20.o -llapack -lblas

$(LIBNAME)$(SHLIB_EXT): $(OBJS)
        $(SHLIB_LD) $(SHLIB_LDFLAGS) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(FLIBS)

clean:
        @rm -f *.o *.$(SHLIB_EXT)

realclean: clean
#############

To build the package on Windows XP, I have followed the instructions to install tools/software required and it seems the
'make' worked fine, except for the error message:

make[3]: No rule to make target 'llapack', needed by 'cts.a'. stop.

Now I think maybe two problems: one is that maybe I do not have Lapack and Blas installed
on Windows XP and second is that I do not set up a correct file, something like 'configure'.
Maybe there are more problems. I have read some files in \src\gnuwin32, but I did not find
what I needed.

Thanks for any advice.

Zhu Wang

Statistical Science Department