[R] displaying a table in full vs. typing variable name

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jun 10 18:26:04 CEST 2004

Rishi Ganti wrote:

> I have a data frame called totaldata that is 10,000 rows by about 9 columns.

If "about 9" equals 2, the behaviour reported below is expected.

 > The
> data frame contains many zero entries which are important.  If I type  >totaldata
>  it only prints out the first two columns. I expect (and want) it to print out all
> 9 columns.

Are you sure that R has not wrapped the data frame by printing the first
few columns at first, and ended by printing the last 2 columns?
This way the data fit into your window. You can set the width using
options(), and get all columns at once.

> (I am actually "sinking" this to a text file, so imagine my surprise
> when the text file has only a few columns).

Please consider to use write.table()!

Uwe Ligges