[R] how to install yags in R

Tu Yu-Kang yukangtu at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 12:51:16 CEST 2004

Dear R users,

I search the R archives and noted that the same problem has been posted but
without solution.

I know there IS instructions by the author of yags, but I just couldn't
figured out.

I know gee and geepack can also perform generalized estimating equation,
but the reason why I need yags is I want to perform a Small Sample
Adjustments by Michael P. Fay and Barry I. Graubard in Biometrics, 2001,
57: 1198-1206.

I'm working on some dental data (I'm a dentist) with repeat measurements on
relatively small sample sizes (around 20 to 50 teeth), and GEE seems to be
quite ineffient (i.e. less powerful) compared to other methods.

I wonder it is really due to the sample size is too small, and GEE should
not be used?

Many thanks in advance.

best regards,

Yu-Kang