[R] dll file missing?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 11 15:27:31 CEST 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Kemp S E (Comp) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to "do" a dyn.load(), but I get the following error...
>
> > dyn.load("fileGT.dll")
> Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
>         unable to load shared library "C:/R_Files/fileGT.dll":
>   LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
>
> It states it can't find the dll but it is in that directory.

Actually, it doesn't say that.  It says a specified module could not be
found, without specifying which.  Windows could be more helpful in its
error messages (which version of Windows is this?).

> I have checked
> the file properties and the read and execute checkboxes are ticked.
>
> My C++ code uses a 3rd party library. I have linked it using the g++
> commands and it compiles fine. Could this be the source of my problems?????

It could well be.  Any DLLs that fileGT.dll depends on must be in the same
directory or in your PATH.  Those DLLs are modules specified by
fileGT.dll, hence the confusing error message.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk