[R] [StatDataML] compile error

Patrick Drechsler patrick.drechsler at gmx.net
Fri Jun 11 20:38:22 CEST 2004

Hi,

sorry if this is OT here. I'm trying to compile StatDataML[1] to
import Matlab data into R. The R part works fine but compiling
the Matlab part exits with this error message (following the
INSTALL instructions: autoconf -> ./configure -> make):

,----[ patrick at trurl:~/src/statdatml/StatDataML/MatOct> make ]
| make[1]: Entering directory `/home/patrick/src/statdatml/StatDataML/MatOct/matlab'
[...]
| mex readsdml.c    -Dmatlab
| readsdml.c:26:27: libxml/parser.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
[...]
`----

libxml2 is installed:

,----[ patrick at trurl:~/src/statdatml/StatDataML/MatOct> locate libxml/parser.h ]
| /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/parser.h
`----

Can somebody give me a pointer if there's anything else I need
to install to get StatDataML running? Do I need to configure xml
somehow?

I'm running current Matlab (6.5SP1) and R 1.9.1 alpha on a linux
box (SuSE 8.2Prof).

Footnotes:
[1] http://www.omegahat.org/StatDataML/

--
"What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth ? Judging from
 realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common