[R] RSPerl: getting test.pl to run

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Mon Jun 14 08:04:01 CEST 2004

Hi,
I am trying to install and get RSPerl running so that we can use it
locally in
some of our scripts. I have followed the directions in the documentation
and fixed some of the problems I found in the archives like the
bootstrap problem.
I am using R 1.9.0 and RSPerl 0.5-7
Here is the problem:

> cd $R_HOME/library/RSPerl/examples/
> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $R_HOME/bin:$R_HOME/library/RSPerl/libs/
> perl -I../share/blib/arch -I../share/blib/lib -I../scripts/ test.pl
1..1
ok 1
perl: relocation error: ../share/blib/arch/auto/R/R.so: undefined
symbol: tryEval

Since tryEval is one of the functions in RSPerl.so, I assume it is not
being linked properly
has anyone run into this or know how to fix it?

Thanks
Nicholas