[R] trouble with prcomp()

Dimitris Rizopoulos dimitris.rizopoulos at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Jun 14 09:56:17 CEST 2004

It is not equal because you have asked from `prcomp' to standardize
your data matrix,

try the following,

pcprim$x==scale(iris)%*%pcprim$rotation

Note also that the argument in `prcomp' is "scale." and not "scale"

I hope this helps.

Best,
Dimitris

----
Dimitris Rizopoulos
Doctoral Student
Biostatistical Centre
School of Public Health
Catholic University of Leuven

Address: Kapucijnenvoer 35, Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32/16/396887
Fax: +32/16/337015
Web: http://www.med.kuleuven.ac.be/biostat/
     http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m0390867/dimitris.htm