[R] CVnn2 + nnet question

Manoj - Hachibushu Capital Wanzare at HCJP.com
Mon Jun 14 12:59:41 CEST 2004

Hi,
	I am trying to determine the number of units in the hidden layer
and the decay rate using the CVnn2 script found in MASS directory
(reference: pg 348,MASS-4).

	The model that I am using is in the form of Y ~ X1 + X2 + X3...
+ X11 and the underlying data is time-series in nature.

	I found the MASS and nnet package extremely useful (many thanks
to the contributors).

	However I am getting an error while using the CVnn2
function...it says
Fold 1
Size = 0, decay = 0, inner fold 1 Error in nnet.default(x,y,w,....): No
weights  to fit.

	Obliviously I am doing something wrong but am not able to figure
it out. Do I have pass any weights?  I am bit confused since the
documentation of nnet suggests says "Wts: initial parameter vector. If
missing chosen at Random". Has anybody faced the same error? I am using
the latest R version on Linux box.

TIA

Manoj