[R] How to 'stamp' a plot with meta-data?

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Tue Jun 15 00:10:30 CEST 2004

I use this little function for adding a datestamp manually.

  runstamp <-  function (adj = 1, cex = 0.75, line = 4)
        mtext(format(Sys.time()), side = 1, adj = adj, cex = cex, line = line)

Since the default lower margin is 5.1, line = 4 works pretty well.
You can, of course, put any other information you want in there. But
to have it all automated looks to me like a major task. I wouldn't
get my hopes up.