[R] import SYSTAT .syd file?

Wed Jun 16 17:53:43 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 10:32, Anne York wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 Jonathan Baron <baron at psych.upenn.edu> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know how to read a SYSTAT .syd file on Linux?
> (Splus 6 does it, but it is easier to find a Windows box
> with Systat than to download their demo.  I'm wondering
> if there is a better way than either of these options.)
>
> Jon
>
> The commercial package dbmscopy has a Linux version.
> I have used dbmscopy for several years and have been happy
> with it as it converts data files among many spreadsheets and
> statistics programs.
>
> http://www.conceptual.com/dbmscopt.htm
>

> However, somewhat recently they were purchased by SAS, so
> I'm not sure of current state of the program. There are
> probably other commercial packages as well.
>
> Anne

Hi Jon and Anne!

One other commercial product to check out is Stat/Transfer.  More
information on supported formats is at:
http://www.stattransfer.com/html/formats.html

They do support Windows, MacOS and Unix/Linux. Demo downloads are
available from: http://www.stattransfer.com/html/download.html

Unix/Linux pricing is available at:
http://www.stattransfer.com/html/prices_-_unix.html.

HTH,