[R] subset and lme

Todd Ogden ogden at stat.sc.edu
Wed Jun 16 19:58:02 CEST 2004

Douglas Grove kindly pointed out that, if I had read and understood
the lme help page, I would have realized that whatever I put as the
subset argument has to be an object in the argument for data.  That
was my problem all along -- if I had used

subset=Diagnosis==0

in the lme function call, that would have been fine.  But I originally had

subset=dat$Diagnosis==0

and that didn't work because dat was not an object in dat.

So the problem was caused by my incorrect usage of lme.

Many thanks for the help and suggestions!

Todd