[R] R as controller

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 15:15:02 CEST 2004

What OS is this?  How do you access a serial port?  On most modern OSes
user processes such as R have no direct access to serial ports.  If access
is via a Unix device, binary connections will probably work.

In my limited experience that expensive software runs under a low-level
OS, MS-DOS or a real-time OS.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk