[R] Another NEWBIE

F.Kalder Kalderf at gmx.de
Fri Jun 18 22:44:13 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm a very fresh newbie to R.

My first main question is, what the limitations of R are, what methods can R
NOT do, esp. compared to (a) SPSS and (b) SAS?

The second question is, how do you handle the data entry, data management
and data manipulation in R, to me it seems to be really complicated and
confusing?! Are there a kind of "helping tools"?

The third question: are there differences in linux and windows versions of
R? At the monemt I'm running R on a WinXP System. Is this ok or would a
Linux solutuon be the better way (for using R)?

I hope my questions are not to lame ...

Cheers, Frank