[R] RE: summaries (was: SUMMARY: "elementary sapply question")

Lutz Prechelt prechelt at pcpool.mi.fu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 22 13:42:15 CEST 2004

Ajay,

thank you very much for picking up that age-old habit of
posting summaries.

It existed years ago on s-help and I find it is still a great
thing: I would not have bothered to read your original question
nor the answers you got, but I did read the summary -- and I
learned something quite interesting!

Maybe some others who receive multiple non-elementary answers to their
questions could sometimes bother to compile a summary so
that some of the bystanders be educated at low cost??
Unrealistic?
I'd be willing to do it for my own questions if it was at
least a little common.

  Lutz