trying again: [R] write.table when keeping column headers (names of Columns in matrix) and row numbers

Peter Wilkinson pwilkinson at videotron.ca
Tue Jun 22 23:13:29 CEST 2004

Actually .... I was not clear .... I will rephrase

I read what is posted below in the help file already ... I read them often.

****I want to keep the row references****

My question is _when you keep the row names_, why is the command
write.table implemented in such a way that the column names are left
shifted starting in the column where the row names are written?  Does it
not make sense to have the column names where they are supposed to be,
starting in the second column, if the column names _are_ included in the
first column?Is there a feature in this that I am missing; why is it
implemented in this way?

Peter