trying again: [R] write.table when keeping column headers (names of Columns in matrix) and row numbers

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Wed Jun 23 03:04:57 CEST 2004

Peter Wilkinson <pwilkinson <at> videotron.ca> writes:
: > > My question is _when you keep the row names_, why is the command
: > > write.table implemented in such a way that the column names are left
: > > shifted starting in the column where the row names are written?
: >
: >That is not true if col.names=NA.
:
: I get it now ...
:
: I think this is related to the fact that I have not 'named' the rows in the
: table with the names command, as it was intended to be used.

One other thing that might help would be to transfer the data from R to
Excel using HTML rather than .csv .   For an example, see:

  http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/04/04/0460.html