[R] [Q] GET_DIM() crash on Windows only

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Jun 23 21:56:13 CEST 2004

Paul Roebuck wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Uwe Ligges wrote:
>

>>Paul Roebuck wrote:
>>

>>>I have the following contrived code in package format.
>>>On Solaris and Mac OS X, code runs just fine. On Windows,
>>>it crashes the R environment with the "Send Bug Report"
>>>dialog. I tried R 1.8.1 (Win2K) and R 1.9 (WinXP) binaries
>>>with the same result. PCs otherwise appear properly
>>>configured for creating R packages. Anything blatantly
>>>wrong? Suggestions?
>>
>>Works for me (R-1.9.1, WinNT4.0), even with gctorture(TRUE).
>>Did you use the recommended compiler and tools?
>

> To the best of my knowledge, I did. I upgraded to R 1.9.1 to no
> avail. What else should I look for at this point? Is there an
> R package developer setup lint utility?
>

> Here's my script:
>
> @cls
> @SETLOCAL
> @set RBINDIR=C:\R\rw1091\bin
> @set TOOLSBINDIR=C:\Rtools\bin
> @set MINGWBINDIR=C:\MinGW\bin
> @set PERLBINDIR=C:\Perl\bin
> @set TEXBINDIR=C:\PROGRA~1\TeXLive\bin\win32
> @set HCCBINDIR=C:\PROGRA~1\HTMLHE~1
> @set PATH=%TOOLSBINDIR%;%RBINDIR%;%MINGWBINDIR%;%PERLBINDIR%;%TEXBINDIR%;%HCCBINDIR%;%WINDIR%\system32;%WINDIR%
> @echo PATH=%PATH%
> Rcmd build -binary getdim

"--binary" is documented, but it should not matter in this case.

> Rcmd check getdim
> @ENDLOCAL
>

> Script output
> PATH=C:\Rtools\bin;C:\R\rw1091\bin;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\TeXLive\
> bin\win32;C:\PROGRA~1\HTMLHE~1;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS

Since there is no further error message, it seems to be OK.
Which version of gcc are you using - and which runtime version?

You might want to send me both the source and the binary version of your
package in a private message, and I'll try some further checks....

  Uwe Ligges