[R] Can R handle twin peaks - normal distribution

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 24 11:04:32 CEST 2004

    Unung> Hi R Users, Sorry if its out of topic. I would like
    Unung> to ask you about twin peaks - normal
    Unung> distribution. How R can handle it, any example to
    Unung> explain it in R.

It's not off-topic but you didn't really say what you want
(read the posting guide as indicated in the last line of this message!)
so I guess "Twin Peaks - Normal" means a mixture of two normal
distributions.

There's the small
package  'nor1mix'  for univariate normal mixtures plotting, RNG
etc, and the much more extensive package
'mclust' which allows to *estimate* multivariate (now including
uni-variate) normal mixture model parameters.

Is it what you've wanted?
Martin Maechler