[R] "Set-up files corrupted" error message

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Thu Jun 24 16:53:54 CEST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:01:59 +0100 (BST), Fiona Sanderson
<fionajsanderson at yahoo.co.uk> wrote :

>I've tried to download rw1090.exe 3 times and rw1081.exe once onto a Windows XP from the UK mirrors (I've tried both of them). When the download is complete and I double-click on the icon I get an error message telling me the set-up files are corrupted and to obtain a new copy of the program. I have spent quite a lot of time checking the message archives but I can't find a solution. If anyone else has one I would really appreciate it if you could let me know.

I'd get rw1091.exe instead, and probably try a different mirror, or a
different machine to do the downloads.  Those are both old releases,
and we'd have heard long ago if all of the mirrors had corrupted
copies:  so there's something wrong with the exact procedure you're
using.

For instance, there may be issues in the way the UK mirror
communicates with your particular machine.  Trying a different mirror
or a different machine could solve either of these.

Or there may be problems with a proxy server running at your site.
Trying a different mirror might help with this.

Or there may be a bug in whatever version of the web browser you're
using.  Trying a different machine might get you a different browser.

I can't think of anything else to try.

Duncan Murdoch