[R] More problems with lattice and postscript

Karl Knoblick karlknoblich at yahoo.de
Thu Jun 24 18:40:22 CEST 2004

Try

print(bwplot(...YOUR PARAMETERS...))

Best wishes,
Karl

> Dear List members,
>

> I am trying to produce some trellis graphics and to
save them in a
> postscript file but I only get blank files. R
behaviour is certainly
> strange because I use a loop to generate the
graphics (see code below).
> When I change the loop variable myself the
postscript graphics are OK.

> I am using R 1.9.1 (2004-06-21) on Debian GNU/Linux
which I try to keep
> updated on a daily basis. I am aware of some
problems in R 1.9.0 but
> I don't know if it has been fixed yet. And nobody
mentioned problems
> with loops.
>

> Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Virgilio
>

> for(centre in 1:3)
> {
>         for(method in 1:12)
>         {
>

>                 auxdata<-

as.data.frame(t(table.thres[c(method,16),1+(centre-1)*250+(1:250)]))

>                 names(auxdata)<-c("Threshold",
"Parameters")

>                 trellis.device(postscript,

file=paste("plots/thresold-",method,"-",centre,".eps",
sep=""),
> onefile=FALSE, color=TRUE)
>

>                 bwplot(Threshold~Parameters,
data=auxdata,
> groups=Parameters,

main=list(label=get.method(method), cex=1.5),
>                         horizontal=FALSE, pch=".",
scales=list(cex=1.5),

par.strip.text=list(cex=1.5))