[R] problem with arima

Erin Hodgess hodgess at gator.uhd.edu
Thu Jun 24 22:38:11 CEST 2004

Hi Laura!

in your last line, you have myforecast$pred instead of my.forecast$pred

Hope this helps!

If that's not it, try
str(my.list)
str(my.forecast$pred)
and check to see that they are both time series

Sincerely,
Erin Hodgess
Associate Professor
Department of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
University of Houston - Downtown
mailto: hodgess at gator.uhd.edu

From: Laura Quinn <laura at env.leeds.ac.uk>
Subject: [R] Problem with predict arima

I have fitted an arima(0,0,2) model to my data, and am trying to plot a
forecast for the next 15 time steps, but each time i try I am given the
following error message:

Error in .cbind.ts(list(...), makeNames(...), dframe = dframe, union =
TRUE) :
        non-time series not of the correct length

I am calculating as follows:

my.arima<-arima(my.list,order=c(0,0,2))
my.forecast<-predict(my.arima,15)
ts.plot(my.list,my.forecast$pred,my.forecast$pred+2*my.forecast$se,
        myforecast$pred-2*my.forecast$se)

my.list has 1 column and 2880 rows...I don't understand why I am getting
this error message - any advice?

Thanks,
Laura

Laura Quinn