[R] sweave: graphics not at the expected location in the pdf

Tamas Papp tpapp at axelero.hu
Fri Jun 25 17:02:48 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 01:51:08PM +0200, Christoph Lehmann wrote:

> I use sweave for excellent pdf output (thank you- Friedrich Leisch). I
> have just one problem. Quite often it happens, that the graphics are not
> at the place where I expect them, but (often on a separate page) later
> on in the pdf. How can I fix this, means how can I define, that I want a
> graphic exactly here and now in the document?

This is not an R problem.  Standard LaTeX is squeamish about putting
figures on a pages where the fit is "tight".

Put

\renewcommand\floatpagefraction{.99}
\renewcommand\topfraction{.99}
\renewcommand\bottomfraction{.99}
\renewcommand\textfraction{.01}

in the document preamble.  You might have to play around with the
values a bit, make sure that \textfraction and the others add up to 1.

Best,

Tamas

--
Tamás K. Papp
E-mail: tpapp at axelero.hu (preferred, especially for large messages)
        tpapp at westel900.net
Please try to send only (latin-2) plain text, not HTML or other garbage.