[R] text, pos suggestion

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Fri Jun 25 22:25:29 CEST 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:05:22 -0700, <ivo_welch-Rstat at mailblocks.com>
wrote :

>suggestion:  could the R team please add positions 5 through 8 for the
>arg parameter in text(), which would select the diagonals (northeast,
>southeast, southwest, northwest)?

You mean "pos", not arg, right?  Why not just use adj?  You could
define constants northeast = c(1,1), etc, and use

text(..., adj=northeast)

and it would be a lot clearer than

text(..., pos=5)

>PS:  thanks for all the earlier circle help.  knowing some of the
>predispositions of the R developers, I probably should not suggest
>adding to the documentation
>  > ?circle
>   please see ?symbols and ?grid.circle

I think it's reasonable to add "circle" as a concept entry, which
would mean help.search('circle') would find symbols.  It already finds
grid.circle.

Duncan Murdoch