[R] plotting with an its object

Laura Holt lauraholt_983 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 20:53:16 CEST 2004

Dear R People:

I have an its object.  The original its is the Dow Jones Industrial average
from March 23, 1990 to March 23, 2000.  I did the following;

dj1 = original series

>dj2 <- log(dj1)
>ddj2 <- diff(dj2)

Ok so far.
Now I would like to plot this series with a certain y limit:
>min(ddj2)
[1] -0.07454905
>max(ddj2)
[1] 0.04860535
>plot(ddj2,ylim=c(-0.1,0.1))
Error in plot.default(x, y, xaxt = "n", xlab = xlab, axes = axes, frame.plot
= frame.plot,  :
        formal argument "ylim" matched by multiple actual arguments

What is wrong, please?

I checked the following:
        formal argument "ylim" matched by multiple actual arguments
>?plot.its
Error in help("plot.its") : No documentation for `plot.its' in specified
packages and libraries:
  you could try `help.search("plot.its")'
>its.plot
Error: Object "its.plot" not found
>?its.plot
Error in help("its.plot") : No documentation for `its.plot' in specified
packages and libraries:
  you could try `help.search("its.plot")'

but to no avail.

R Version 1.9.1 for Windows