[R] Unable to start R due to error with tempdir()

Michael Epstein mepstein at umich.edu
Mon Jun 28 21:33:01 CEST 2004

Hello,

I run R 1.9.1 on a Windows XP machine. In the last week, I have started to
get the following error message (about 85% of the time) when I attempt to
start R:

"Fatal error: cannot find unused tempdir name"

I get this message whether I attempt to start R in interactive or batch
mode.

Looking at the help-manual description of tempdir didn't provide me with
any obvious clues to the problem. I also tried uninstalling and
reinstalling R 1.9.1, but this was of no help to the problem either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Best,

Mike Epstein