[R] R client connection OLAP cube (SQL Analysis Services / PivotTable Service)

David James dj at research.bell-labs.com
Tue Jun 29 16:05:31 CEST 2004

Dear Olivier,

I believe your best bet may be to connect to the database through
some kind of R-COM connection (either Thomas Baier and
Erich Neuwirth's R-(D)COM in CRAN or Duncan Temple Lang's at
http://www.omegahat.org/RDCOMClient).  For instance, the
ADO MD (ActiveX Data Objects Multi-dimensional) COM object/library
allows you to connect to the OLAP database and query multiple cubes,
their axes and hierarchies, etc.  See the Microsoft Developer Network
(MSDN) for the gory details.

Hope this helps,

--
David