[R] MacOS X binaries won't install

Ruben Solis rssolis at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 30 05:32:12 CEST 2004

I've tried installing the MacOS X binaries for R available at:

http://www.bioconductor.org/CRAN/

I'm running MacOS X version 10.2.8.

I get a message indicating the installation is successful, but when I
double-click on the R icon that shows up in my Applications folder, the
application seems to try to open but closes immediately.

I looked for  /Library/Frameworks/R.framework (by typing ls
/Library/Frameworks) and it does not appear.  A global search for
R.framework yields no results, so it seems that the installation is not
working. (I was going to try command line execution.)

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! - RSS

Ruben S. Solis